The MeteoJetPack is a full weather information package containing the MeteoCom 6 software, the Bonito MeteoJet 1204S HF-receiver and all necessary connecting cables. This software/ hardware combination is characterized by its easy installation, smooth start-up and good results as well as an outstanding cost/ performance ratio. The HF-receiver is fully controllable by the software using an USB cable and it offers an easy timer operation.
- Full package includes the software MeteoCom 6 and the HF-receiver MeteoJet 1204S and all necessary connecting cables.
- Easy to install and to use
- Decodes: WeatherFax, RTTY, Synopsis, Navtex and Morse Code in high resolution
- Includes a world wide data base and world map showing the locations of all current stations including all frequencies and transmission times for each station
- Fully automatic timer operation
- Two HF-radios can be connected simultaneously
- All received weather information can be viewed on a monitor and printed to a standard printer attached to the PC.
This package contains the MeteoCom 6 software, and the new Bonito SSB-Receiver MeteoJet 1204S and all necessary connecting cables. This software/ hardware combination is characterized by smooth start-up and good results as well as an outstanding cost/ performance ratio.
The MeteoJet 1204S is a black box receiver which is intended to operate in conjunction with a computer. In connection with MeteoCom 6 this package represents the value of an expensive DSP-receiver. Through the use of the modern technique called SDR, completely new software decoder were developed. WeatherFax, Navtex and RTTY can be decoded in much better quality than by conventional SSB radios. This is achieved through direct IF decoding. Even noisy weather faxes can still be read very clearly. Using this new technology greatly simplifies the user interface. No slant correction is needed any more, for example.
Expensive filters, displays and switches are not important factors when considering onboard use. A much higher emphasis is placed on small size, freedom of installation and low power consumption. Deciding factors for onboard use are functionality and cost.
We were able to use the full potential of this receiver and integrated it into the software development. The control, for example, was completely integrated into MeteoCom 6 and is done via a USB-interface. Also integrated is the time management which allows for full automatic operation. The MeteoJet 1204S unit can be installed at a concealed location. There is only one USB cable that connects the receiver with the computer. The unit is USB-powered. It covers 40 kHz to 30 MHz, tuning step accuracy is 1 Hz.
With this package you get a weather information system which is able to receive weather information in the background, fully automatic.
Scope of delivery
- Meteojet 1204S SDR-Receiver
- Bonito MeteoCom 6 Marine Software
- Light dipole antenna with 10 meters RG58U coax cable
Tuning range: 0,040–32 MHz
Modes: AM, USB, LSB, CW, DRM Stereo
Operating temperature range: –10 °C to +60 °C
24 Bit ADC with a sensitivity of .03 µVolts on a noise level of -137 dBm
Frequency Stability: better than ±3 ppm
Power supply: USB-Powered
Power consumption max. 0,22 A
Antenna connection: 50 Ohms (BNC)
Dimensions (W×H×D; without protruding parts): 112 mm × 32 mm × 112 mm